Alleviate Your Back Pain with Our Fishersville Chiropractor
8 in 10 people experience back pain at some point in their lifetime. For some people, back pain can become a chronic issue. The good news is that even when back pain doesn't have a clear diagnosis, chiropractic care can still provide significant relief. Our Fisherville chiropractic staff is here to help you recover from your acute or chronic back pain condition so that you can regain your independence and day-to-day comfort.
Why Back Pain Is So Common
Our modern-day lifestyle exposes us to so many factors that can lead to or worsen back pain, including:
- Excessive sitting
- Lack of exercise
- Poor posture and weak/misfiring core musculature
- Occupational demands like repeated heavy lifting or bending
- Acute trauma from car crashes, falls, and other accidents
Genetics, advancing age, and even smoking are associated with an increased risk for back pain. For a myriad of reasons, people can end up developing pain, stiffness, and additional symptoms in their backs due to conditions like degenerative disc disease, lumbar spinal stenosis, lumbar radiculopathy or sciatica, disc herniation or disc bulge, osteoarthritis, muscle strains, and more.
How Our Chiropractor in Fishersville, VA Treats and Prevents Back Pain
Our chiropractor in Fishersville stands with the CDC and other organizations who recommend non-opioid and non-surgical interventions as a first-line treatment for most types of back pain. Chiropractic care can reduce your pain and restore health to your spinal tissues by:
- Improving circulation and blood flow using massage therapy
- Restoring normal alignment and mobility of the spinal joints, as well as facilitating disc healing and nerve decompression
- Jump-starting the tissue healing process and eventually restoring motor control, muscular endurance, and strength using corrective exercises
- Supporting your body's natural self-healing processes using nutritional counseling and lifestyle guidance
- Enhancing your results and preventing recurring issues using postural re-education techniques
- Regulating your nervous system using evidence-based pain education to help you adopt improved beliefs, perceptions, and attitudes about your pain experience
When you work with one of our chiropractors in Fishersville, VA, we'll help you gain a better understanding of why your symptoms are occurring and how you can prevent them.
Is Back Pain Bothering You?
Back pain may be common, but it's not a normal part of life. Contact Mountain Spring Chiropractic Center at (540) 943-0022 to schedule an initial consultation with our Fishersville chiropractor today.